FAQS & Local Information
MOST OF YOUR TOUR AND LOCAL QUESTIONS CAN BE ANSWERED ON THIS PAGE, IF NOT FOUND, DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT SPRINGFIELD WALKS at 217-502-8687 or email@example.com
Tours have an 8-adult minimum to operate (usually only an issue very early or very late in season)
- NO RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED unless specified
- Tours start on time and we cannot wait for late arrivals.
- Tickets can be purchased when you arrive for your tour.
- Cash, credit card or company check are accepted forms of payment.
Refunds & Cancellations
- Our goal is to keep customers happy.
- If we cancel a tour for whatever reason and a ticket had been pre-purchased, a refund, partial refund, or rain check can be offered.
- However, if a ticket was obtained through a drawing, give-a-way, or at an auction only a rain-check can be offered.
- 15 or more adults constitute a group and eligible for the group rate.
- Larger groups are welcome to join us for scheduled tour times, just please give us a call so we know you’re coming.
- For complete group tour information please visit the Group Tours page.
- Our tours and guide services are available most anytime year around.
- Feed parking meters Monday through Friday 9 - 5.
- No need to pay meters after 5pm or on weekends.
- Avoid underground parking garage and ALPM parking garage in the evening, both garages are closed by end of tours and it will be difficult to get your car out.
- Others parking garages are probably ok, but check with their signage or attendant.
- Downtown events can sometimes make downtown parking difficult so plan ahead.
Where To Eat
- Consult the SCVB visitors guide for a complete restaurant listing.
- Maldaner's – Casual and fine dining, serving since 1884.
- Andiamo's - great personal pizzas, sandwiches, salads, teas, coffees, scones, muffins. Gluten-free.
- Jimmy John's - Excellent subs
- Head West Subs - Not a pretty place, but the subs are awesome!
- Obed & Issac's - Micro-brewery and eatery, great homebrew, awesome atmosphere, outdoor seating, beer garden, bocce ball courts. Kitchen open until 11pm.
- Cozy Dog – burgers and corn dogs and Rt. 66 memorabilia!
- Downtown is safe enough and we have few problems, but still use your street smarts.
- Aggressive panhandling is illegal in Springfield, please do not give money to anyone asking. They use some great sob stories, but it only feeds their alcohol and drug habits. There are plenty of shelters and food pantries to help the homeless.
- If you need help step inside any open store or dial 911
Places to stay downtown
- Wyndham Hotel - great service, affordable rates, spectacular views (In the center of all the Lincoln sites.)
- Abraham Lincoln Doubletree Hotel - great service, affordable rates (In the center of all the Lincoln sites.)
- Carpenter Street Hotel – very nice economy, great value, close walk to the sites.
- State House Inn - retro, good prices, across from Illinois State Capitol, good value.
- Pasfield House - nice B&B
- Inn at 835 - very nice B&B, stellar hospitality, want to spoil your mate, this is the place!
Other Places To Stay
- Drury Inn - Great hotel popular with coach groups and their afternoon complimentary "happy hour" food layout is a meal.
- Hilton Garden - Also popular with coach groups, great breakfast..
- Hampton Inn - Nice hotel, popular, great hospitality.
- Firestone Automotive – Located downtown at 407 S. 6th St., 217- 953-4542, Open late and Saturdays. Honest and excellent service.