There are several options for group tours with Springfield Walks so please
review this page carefully, and if you don't find an activity that suits your group simply send us an email or call and we can try to work something out. We want your business and we know how travel works so we know how to adapt to you.
Any of our tours or activities would be perfect for any group looking for something fun and different to do while in Springfield. Your group will have fun and learn something at the same time!
Our tours are Old Town Springfields most popular evening entertainment!
Schools, Seniors, Churches, Scouts, Banks, Reunions, Veterans, Associations, Travel groups, Conventions, Fraternal groups, any group is going to have a great time on a Springfield Walks tour!
If your group is in need of a local guide to escort or to step on board your coach and take you to the Lincoln sites please see the guide services page.
Scroll down the page to see group tour options!
1. Abraham Lincoln Site Walk is not available to groups over 14 due to site entry policies. If you have a group up to 14 wanting to do the 3 Lincoln sites listed for that tour please see the Guide Services page and refer to half-day guide services. If interested in a Lincoln site tour for groups over 14 we can help, please call us to discuss the arrangements.
2. Lincoln's Ghost Walk - Groups are free to just show up for this tour and participate with the public. Please give us a call so we know you're coming and we can be prepared for a larger group. We are used to large groups on this tour and your group will have no trouble hearing the guide, and we don't just say that. We can sometimes schedule a private tour if the situation calls for it and a guide is available. LGW group rate applies to groups over 15, $8 per adult or $6 students 8-17.
- Single payment from a group is preferred to save time, tickets can be purchased at tour time; cash, company/school check, or credit card.
- Groups please arrive 15 minutes before tour time
- No prepay or deposit is required, unless a private tour
Guides are trained to speak to large groups and use portable PA when needed.
We are used to groups of all ages and we pay attention to the needs of the group.
Weather decisions can be made right up to tour time, we have radar info available.
Give us a call or email if questions 217-502-8687, firstname.lastname@example.org
LGW is an award winning tour and a “must do” for Springfield. It’s great for school, travel and senior groups.
Attention senior groups:The tour is not a difficult walk, all flat ground w/c and scooter accessible. There are a few places to sit along the way. Coaches can pick up clients at the end of the tour at the Lincoln Depot on Monroe St. between 9th and 10th St. Please instruct drivers to not pull the coach up directly in front of the tour group, and to shut down once parked. The guides voice can't be heard over the coach motor.
Attention school groups: This tour is great for student groups looking for an evening activity. The tour information is suitable for kids. It is mostly a history tour with a bit of the accepted ghostly lore included. We service a lot of school groups and typically have great experiences, we do ask that kids turn phones to silent and to not text while on tour. Coaches can pick up clients at the end of the tour at the Lincoln Depot on Monroe St. between 9th and 10th St. Please instruct drivers to not pull the coach up directly in front of the tour group, and to shut down once parked. The guides voice can't be heard over the coach motor.
3. The Boozapalooza or the Bootleggin Pub Crawls - We can do this tour most anytime for groups just give us a call to discuss the arrangements. $10 per adult/groups over 15.
4. The Springfield’s Haunted History Tour - We can do tours for groups just give us a call to discuss the arrangements. We can also sometimes customize a haunted tour to fit the interest of the group. Price can vary.
5. Springfield’s 1908 Race Riot Walk - Two entire neighborhoods were burned and destroyed, hundreds wounded, and men were hung in the streets. This tour contains mature subject matter. We walk the path of the 3 day riot and recount the tragic history. $10 per adult/groups over 15.
6. Oak Ridge Cemetery - We are the only authorized public and group tours of the cemetery. This historical walk includes the Civil War and 6 generals buried here, the Lincoln's extended family and Marys sisters, Lincoln's law partners, and stories of notable locals including one very naughty bishop. We can also include the tomb and talk about Lincoln's funeral. Price can vary.
Click to view larger image.