Local Guide & Step-On Guide Services Available year-round
Let's be honest here, Springfield is not so large that people and tour groups can't get around to the sites on their own. Then why hire a guide?
- Save time trying to figure out maps, the streets, and the location of the sites in Springfield, maximize your time.
- Guides are familiar with site policies, procedures, and nuances of visiting the sites.
- A guide can greatly enhance your visit with stories well beyond the constraints of site interpreters.
- Most state site interpreters are hired seasonally and have limited knowledge of Lincoln.
- Get the most useful information about where the locals eat, drink, and shop.
- Get a more in-depth tour, a more complete story of Lincoln, and overall better historical interpretation.
- All of our guides are local and have a working knowledge of all there is to do and see while in town, including the "off the tourist path" things.
Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum
Most importantly, a Springfield Walks guide will make your visit to Lincoln's Springfield a moving and personal experience for you or your group so that you leave with a deeper understanding and elevated appreciation of Lincoln's life.
We are Springfield's top provider of guides
We have guided rock stars, celebrities, ambassadors,
politicians, lots of families and thousands of school kids!
We are supported by the Springfield Convention & Visitor Bureau.
WorldStrides - the largest student travel company uses Springfield Walks guides.
Travel companies, managers and agents use Springfield Walks because we
are professional, knowledgeable, and we are the very best at what we do!
On top of the St. Louis Arch
2 tips from Garret
1. Groups over 15 are required to make site reservations with the Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Historic site reservations fill fast each year so it's best to get your reservations made 6 months ahead of your group visit to get the itinerary you want. Groups under 15 do not need to make reservations.
2. Also tour guide services can be high in demand, best to book a guide 1-3 months in advance. However, I can provide a guide most any day that a guide is available.
The Lincoln Tomb
Local Guide or Step-on Guide
Individuals, couples, families, associations, organizations,
schools, scouts, churches, reunions, associations, organizations
We can provide guides for Springfield and St. Louis
Just give us a call or send email to discuss the arrangements
Guides always appreciate a tip if they've done a good job.
We'll do our best to make the most of your visit to Lincoln's Springfield or St. Louis!
To hire a Step-On Guide or Local Guide please send me an email and include the following information please. I will return your email with any questions or details we need to discuss, and follow up with a booking confirmation and your guide's name and cell number.
Half or Full day
Number in group
Type of group
Tour host cell #
Springfield Rates: 4 hours/half day $125 or 8 hours/full day $175
Call to discuss St. Louis rates
Cancellations under 7 days a $25 inconvenience fee will be invoiced to your company.
On your tour day call your guide 30 minutes prior to your arrival time to Springfield so the guide isn't standing around wondering where you are and if you're on time.
Groups must be on time for sites, any late arrival might cause us to forfeit entry.
Hire Your Guide Today!
At the St. Louis City Museum